Tuesday, February 8, 2011

I had to OUT myself....

Well, it began at work and I promised myself that I wouldn't tell until I was 12 weeks at least but apparently I "look" pregnant and people have no class, they just have to out you. So it was time to tell everyone at work. I shared the news at a staff meeting yesterday but I was more excited to tell my class...lucky for me, my student teacher was starting today and she was able to record it for me. Some of my favorite comments were:

"Wait, so does that mean you are pregnant?"

"Ohhhh, is that why you are fat?"

"Is that baby growing in your body?"

"I thought you weren't having kids because you have us!"

"When is the baby coming? Are you leaving us? Does this mean you can't teach 4th grade next year?"

I got it on my flip cam, it's actually really very funny. I'm trying to get it uploaded (still kinda futzing around with this blog thing) They read a poem out loud together which revealed that I was expecting. It was really quite cute, I'm not sure if they actually get it....I'm just really happy they didn't ask where the baby came from or how it was made-haha. Oh and if one more of my colleagues ask me if I am having multiples because I'm "big" for 11 weeks, I might kick them in the face.

No comments:

Post a Comment