We went in for the ultrasound first and the baby was super active and his/her legs were crossed. Barb looked and looked for about 10 minutes or so and stopped. She told me to have my exam and blood work done, to go pee, then she'd try again. So that's what we did. Of course my veins didn't want to cooperate and it took several stabs to find a vein that would give blood. My (hottie) doctor was amazing as always. Weight gain seems fine and everything looks normal (yay). So we went back to the Ultrasound room.
Barb spent another 15 minutes looking, looking, looking. We saw EVERYTHING....the bladder, kidneys, heart, brain, the feet....you name it. She got really quiet for a while and after all the time, she shut off the monitor and said "I'm pretty sure I know what it is but I'm not 100% so I'm not going to say." It was disappointing but I'd rather that she know for sure. Then she said "At this point, girls' labia can be swollen and resemble boys scrotum, so it's too soon to say one or the other." This lead me to believe that it's a girl. I thought if it were a boy, there would be a penis there too, no? All of my friends that have had boys have seen a little peesh at 14-16 weeks. I'm pretty sure it's a girl now. It really doesn't matter at this point. I'm just so happy to be having a little life in my body. It's the greatest thing ever.
16 weeks!
No comments:
Post a Comment