Sunday, March 27, 2011

IT'S A BOY!

IT'S A BOY! IT'S A BOY! IT'S A BOY! IT'S A BOY! IT'S A BOY! IT'S A BOY! IT'S A BOY!

I can't believe we finally know what little babe is and that this is actually really happening! Knowing makes it really truly come to life. I always knew in my gut that it was a boy but I never really trust that feeling. I'll never forget the at the first ultrasound screaming, IT'S A BOY! After listening to the heartbeat, I guess I was right! I am so excited and so is Paul.

My mom planned to have a 30th birthday brunch for me on March 27th (since my birthday is the 31st) then she thought since the anatomy scan wasn't until April 7th, we could do a Gender Reveal party and have a little dinner party, but I just couldn't wait. on March 23rd, I thought "If I could just get into the doctor to check me out, I bet we could find out, because they were pretty sure the last time but they weren't 100%" On the 24th, we had a 2 hour delay, so I called at 9, told them I've been having some cramping and they told me to come in to get checked out. I happily went and Dr. McDreamy did my ultrasound. As soon as he flipped on the ultrasound monitor he said "uh oh, I know what the gender is, do you?!" I immediately said "NO! you have to write it down!" Then I whipped my head to look but he told me not to. I instantly thought, "Holy crap, this is a boy!" I kept trying to peak and he kept telling me to stop. After about 7 or 8 minutes he let me look (I had no clue what I was looking at) and then he was done. He went over to the counter, sealed up what I thought was a paper, in an envelope and off I went, happy as can be.

I went back to work. Luann held the envelope for me because I was so tempted to peek. After school, mom and I took it to the bakery and the ladies were freaking out because they had never done anything like that before. They were thrilled! They couldn't wait for us to leave so that they could open up that envelope. The next 3 days seemed to take forever to pass. It didn't help that everyone was asking and asking. I couldn't wait until Sunday!

Mom had a HUGE (as always) spread on Sunday for my brunch. A couple of good friends were able to come which was so exciting, and my whole family was there of course. Everyone was dressed in pink or blue depending on what they thought the baby was. Paul wore blue and I wore pink, I figured we both couldn't wear blue, what happens if it wasn't a boy?! One of use had to represent the gender of the baby we were having! Everyone couldn't wait to cut this cake. As soon as we were done eating breakfast, everyone wanted to go to dessert immediately. It wasn't until about 12:15 that we were ready to do the deal. I was shaking, my heart was fluttering. It was more nerve wracking than saying my vows at my wedding! We carefully cut the cake with our wedding cake cutters and I slowly and carefully (don't know how I did this without dropping the cake) slide the piece out and started screaming "IT'S A BOY!" Everyone was so excited and of course they were all screaming. I'm trying to get the video clip up so you can really enjoy the moment. It was such a moment. Something that I'll never forget.


We also confirmed by opening the envelope that it IS in fact a boy. Dr. McDreamy apparently thought it would be different to take 2 ultrasound pics of my SON'S penis and put them in the envelope. He circled the penis in each picture and wrote "I'm a BOY!" Check out the pictures below....What a day!






The beautiful cake from Sweet Delites in Somers
Getting ready for the BIG cut!


OH BOY! Blue filling!


McDreamy put an ultrasound in the envelope and circled his little penis. Yet another reason why I love my doctor so so much!


Baby's first Polo-thanks to Auntie Lee AKA sissybear

It was delicious (so were the other 75 cakes at the party)

No comments:

Post a Comment