Amidst of all of the chaos this week (Relay for Life, my shower, etc.), I totally forgot to mention my child birthing class, which was quite interesting, but honestly, they really didn't give me any information I didn't know. We got to see the L & D floor again, we saw babies in the nursery (which I LOVE), and they basically gave a lot of information that I had read tons and tons about over the last 2 years because, I as I mentioned in a previous post, I am an information person and need to know and see things before they happen. I'm totally not a surprise person....
I just find it very amusing when people try to throw their "opinions" on you about a topic. For instance, the two big ones are breastfeeding and natural childbirth. I don't really get a lot of flack about breastfeeding because I plan on doing it, but the natural childbirth people drive me crazy. My feeling about child birth is that the baby is going to come out how and when he wants. There have been so many advances in the medical field that can make this a somewhat comfortable experience. I am not putting myself through hours and hours of insane amounts of pain so that I can "say" I gave birth naturally. Then people get all judgmental and criticize you when you give your opinion about things, meanwhile they are saying their way is the ONLY way to do it right. My whole mantra now is to just say "Whatever." Apparently you become public property when you are pregnant and people think they can say whatever they want to you. It's hard not to get worked up and flip out and it's hard to keep good boundaries during all of this...especially as the days and weeks creep by.
After a long and emotional battle with infertility, we are finally expecting our first child! It is my hope that with this blog, people will find comfort in knowing that anything is possible. I look forward to writing about this pregnancy and sharing it with friends and family as every day is a new adventure to a dream come true.
No comments:
Post a Comment