Monday, June 27, 2011

31 weeks and the first day of summer vacation!

So much has gone on in the last weeks....lots of stress at work, check ups, packing up a classroom, report cards, 2 baby showers at work, lots of good byes...it's been quite a roller coaster but we got through it. As I sit and type this entry, I am sitting on the couch, two doggies at my side, drinking my favorite chocolate moo milk, eating my favorite cereal watching the Today Show, and trying to wrap my head around the fact that I don't have to go to work until "I don't know when." As hard as I try, I can't seem to really understand or comprehend NOT going to school/work in September and that in just a few short weeks, I will be a mom-there will be a baby that is OURS in this house. It just doesn't seem real.

Work: In short, the last two weeks at work were extremely stressful, almost to the point where Dr. Werbin-Silver wanted me to stay home the last couple of days. I was having a lot of those Braxton Hicks contractions both in school and at night at home when I'd try to relax going to bed. I'm just glad that it's all over. It was very hot and I had a lot to pack up at school. I don't know what will happen when I go back, when I will go back, or where I will be put, but I'm just glad it's over and I can focus on things that are more important and not on the crazy drama that is a daily ritual there. On the 14th, the staff got together after school and had a shower for me. Baby Boy got so many clothes! It was really nice. My mom and dad were both there and Marisa brought our other FGL baby for a visit! 

Okay Sabrina, give me that baby!
Baby Melina and me <3
Table of goodies at school shower
I planned an end of the year party for my class last Monday and, to my (sort of) surprise, the class moms had planned a shower for me from my class. I was completely overwhelmed by all the gifts and how many parents showed up. It was really very sweet and it was very hard not to get teary in front of the kids. They gave me this scrapbook of "Wishes for the Baby." Each child wrote notes to me and wished me luck. Some wrote about what they hope the baby is like. It was hard to hold back the hormonal tears. I was very overwhelmed. 

So now I'm home for a couple of weeks before I'm off to do some curriculum work. I can't seem to wrap my head around the fact that school is over and I can relax....there is still so much left to do and this baby is coming soon!

Love the "Baby" cake - made by Lisa Goetchius (love her)

My kiddoddles

Madisen-she thinks I'm naming the baby Marvin, even thought I've told her about 7,000 times that's not the baby's name. She even wrote it all over her leg on the last day of school.

I look absolutely elephant like in this picture (which was Madisen's original name for the baby before Marvin). This is what she would do to me all day from February until the last day of school.

No comments:

Post a Comment