Sunday, June 5, 2011

My Baby Shower!

It seems like only yesterday that we were telling everyone that we were having a baby...it's hard to believe that today was my baby shower. Am I really 28 weeks pregnant? Has it really gone by this fast?

My shower was AMAZING, of course. Any party hosted by anyone in my family is generally pretty over the top and fantastic (not to be conceited or anything, but my family really knows how to do parties.) My momma hosted a baby shower brunch at the Lexington Square Cafe in Mount Kisco, NY. And no, it wasn't a surprise-she had that thrill when I got married at my bridal shower. I needed to be involved in this party. The theme (or sorta theme) was "baby clothes line" since that's what my invitations were. The cake was decorated just like the invitation and the room we had the party in had a long clothesline hanging for people to hang onesies and clothes. The tables were decorated with white baskets filled with yellow star gazer lilies that people could take home. My Sissy made the favors-"Baby Cakes." Everyone got a box of 4 cupcakes to take home-all decorated with different baby goodies, like a fondant bottle, white onesie, and blue chocolate shoes. Most amazing.

I think the one thing that really overwhelmed me was how generous everyone was. I can't believe how much stuff we got. I remember thinking the same thing at my bridal shower, but holy, I was totally not expecting to get almost everything we had asked for. I was truly at a loss for words (and those of you who know me, know how rare that is). I feel truly blessed by everyone's generosity and am so grateful for having such a wonderful day to spend time with the people I love most in the whole world. There were people that I missed having there, but they were there in spirit. It was such a great day that I will never forget.

I've posted some photos below from the shower in case you were there and wanted to see or in case you missed it!


Early pics with sissy and 2 cousins

Most delicious chocolate raspberry cake ever!
Me with my sissybearfluffybunny

Sissy's cupcakes

Round 1 of presents...3 carloads worth.

Yay for the MMS friends!

Sissy's Babycake Favors

Me, Sissy, and Momma Bear

Yay for my FGL friends! <3 you!

1 comment:

  1. Sorry I had to miss it. Everything looked wonderful! And I enjoyed the tasty cupcake treats you sent me :-) Love, Dawn

    ReplyDelete