Baby boy's nursery is done! It actually worked out pretty well that we were having a boy. Long before we found out the gender, we decided that if it the baby was a boy, we would keep the color of our guest room the same. It was a blue and a golden harvest color which would be perfect for a boy's room. So we (or I should say Paul) was lucky we didn't have to repaint the whole room (because if it was a girl, it would have been all sorts of shades of pink!)
What we didn't plan for but wound up doing was ripping up the (disgusting) rugs and put in floors. Paul did the work all by himself and it took a while. The house was a mess, and when we thought he was coming early, it was major panic mode. Luckily enough everything got done. Paul freshened up the paint and the floor moldings. He put up the border and my mom came to set up the crib and iron all the linens since I don't iron (lol). Slowly but surely, everything found it's place, and I love it. It's such a cute room and I love sitting in the rocking chair, just relaxing. I hope BIG boy likes it as much as I do.
 |
| This picture was taken while I was sitting in the rocking chair. The room has a lot of funky corners and angles. |
 |
| Mommy and Carrie practice for the baby. The good thing about this is that the baby will probably be bigger than the dog. |
 |
| When you walk in the door and look to the left, this is what you see. We have no closet but all the clothes fit nicely in the dresser. His BIG clothes for 9-12 months are stored away. |
 |
| Standing over in the corner by the window, this is the other side of the room. |
 |
| When you walk straight in, this is what you see. We don't have anything on the walls yet really. His name letters are ordered and we are awaiting their arrival. We should have them at the end of August! We will put some shelves up also. I just like how crisp and clean it looks without so many chachkas all over. |
No comments:
Post a Comment