I said I wouldn't complain through this, so consider this a vent...
I'm not vomiting but the food aversions are crazy! I can't eat anything but fruit and carbs. The thought of meat makes me queasy. I can't even look at eggs. EVERYTHING smells. What is that? I just love to eat waffles, grilled cheese, pancakes, cereal, yogurt, blueberries, pineapples, apples with cinnamon....any kind of fruit which I guess is good, but the other stuff, not so much. Paul can't even eat next to me if he has any kind of meat product.....it makes me gag. I've never had any issue with food. I love food! And I love meat, but oh my God, I can't even think about it.....barf.
And the exhaustion. Holy mother. I wake up, and I could roll right back over and fall asleep. When I get up for work, breakfast consists of a 4 course meal throughout the morning....then after about 4:00 I'm done for. I start to feel the dip at around 1:00. The funny thing is, my students don't know I'm pregnant and I NEVER give them a minute to take a break, but lately, I'm letting them have a few extra minutes to eat their snack, or I'll stop earlier for snack (then I'll go around and snack on their snacks! It's pretty funny, especially on the days when I'm craving salty foods like chips or Doritos! The girls are pretty generous, some boys don't want you touching their snack.)
When I get home, I'm absolutely useless. There is still Christmas stuff on my dining room table that needs to be put away and forget about the basement! There is wrapping paper, decorations and boxes all along the wall. Once I get home, it's like I can't do anything else but rest. I am useless. I kind of feel bad but I don't know how to handle this exhaustion! I'm sure I'll make up for lost time once this trimester is over. Everyone prepared me for this but I think I was in denial!
After a long and emotional battle with infertility, we are finally expecting our first child! It is my hope that with this blog, people will find comfort in knowing that anything is possible. I look forward to writing about this pregnancy and sharing it with friends and family as every day is a new adventure to a dream come true.
No comments:
Post a Comment