After a round of blood work yesterday and stalking the nurse, the doctor, and the lab for results and still not getting any, I've decided I am DONE with this doctor. I've had enough.
I failed to mention in my previous post that my fertility doctor wanted my progesterone level (because I was on the supplements) estrogen, and vitamin D tested when I went to my regular OBGYN. They asked that I let them know what lab I used and that they would contact the lab for the results. So when I went to my OBGYN and told him that I had been on supplements, have come off of them and Dr. Hurwitz wanted my levels tested, my doctor's reply was "well if you took the supplements like the told you too, then your levels don't need to be tested." I also told him about the vitamin D, to which he replied "as long as you're taking vitamins, there's no need to test your vitamin D levels.' I basically had to beg him to sign off on the lab sheet to test these things because my fertility doctor wanted the information. The reluctant doctor finally agreed and told me to come back on Monday (yesterday) to have the blood drawn.
I was so nervous about the progesterone. I desperately wanted to know that my levels were okay and I didn't have to go back on them. The lab tech said I would have the results back at the end of they day....nothing. Tuesday rolls around and still no answers. RMA calls me to tell me when they called for the blood work results, my doctor told them they there was no record that I came for blood work or that I didn't show up. I was LIVID. I called every one and left crazy hormonal messages. Finally my doctor's nurse called and told me there must have been some mix up but there were still no results in. I yelled at her that I HAD to know what my progesterone was but she didn't see what the big deal was. Waiting....waiting...and more waiting. I called RMA and they said they would stalk to lab until they got answers.
Sure enough, this morning, RMA called and told me my progesterone levels were fine. Whew. I was relived. But I still hadn't heard about the other stuff. I waited until this afternoon, called my obgyn's nurse, but to no avail....no answers. I decided I was done with this group and I needed to call a doctor that was recommended to me months ago that I didn't want to go to because he was in Mount Kisco and I wanted to be closer to home. At this point, I didn't care. I called and left a message...now I just have to hope that this is the right place for me.
After a long and emotional battle with infertility, we are finally expecting our first child! It is my hope that with this blog, people will find comfort in knowing that anything is possible. I look forward to writing about this pregnancy and sharing it with friends and family as every day is a new adventure to a dream come true.
No comments:
Post a Comment