Thursday, May 19, 2011

WE ARE IN THE NY POST!

Our Gender Cake was in the NY POST! Stuff like this doesn't happen to us but it actually did! I can't even believe it! How did it all happen? Where do I begin....

My sissy and I have a love affair with everything Food Network, so of course we would have subscriptions to the Food Network Magazine. Well, last month, I flipped open to page 27 and low and behold there was an article about Gender Cakes! So I frantically wrote an e-mail to the editor, thinking "what are the odds that my e-mail and photo would be used in the magazine?" I sent it and didn't hear anything for a couple of weeks. Then one day, I check my e-mail and there is a message from one of the Food Magazine editors, asking for contact info because she wanted to call me so that she could follow up and publish my letter in the magazine! She proceeded to tell me that a writer for the NY Post was also interested in doing a feature and would be contacting me as well! I was flipping out!

So after about 3 weeks, several phone interviews, and e-mailed photos later, here we are, in the NY Post! Next month will be food magazine! Lots of stuff for the baby book!



Article starts on here. It was in the Pulse section of the NY Post.
WE EVEN GOT COLOR PICTURES PUBLISHED! OMFG!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness! This is so exciting and reminds me of something me and my sister would do! I'm so happy for you. It must make the experience even more enjoyable. xoxo Keep writing. I love it!

    ReplyDelete